Monday, September 8, 2008

Wood Cutting






Wood Cutting this year was quite the experience...pretty much because last year it was a lot easier, everything was already cut for us and stacked in little nice piles for us to just put into our trailer and truck. This year we went a little late and didn't want to go all the way up to Granby, Colorado so we chose to go South to Colorado Springs thinking it was closer and just the same work. Well it took us about 3 hours to get there...because I, Michele, didn't the greatest directions to the place. I learned my lesson believe you me...never will I leave the house without exact mileage to and from each city and road to where ever it may be we are going...that is how Cody said I should've done it! Well thanks to Steph she was able to help us find our way back down the road we got lost on to find a dark brown worn out sign pointing us to our destination. When we finally got there we didn't know what a task it would be, turns out that the area we could get our wood in was a burn area and it was messy, but we got to work. Cody got to cut down the trees and I hauled them to the trailer (no chainsaws for me)...at least Cody put them all in the trailer for me. All in all it was a great experience once again, a lot of fun memories and laughs came out of that night. The best was seeing Zoey completely covered in ash and pretty much black by the time we left...no pictures were taken of her, but it took me 3 washings to get her white again. And I found out that I touch my face way to much while working...thus my face all black at the end of the night. We can't wait to go back and get the rest of the wood we bought!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Ok Chele, the story you told me today didn't do it justice. You weren't kidding when you said you had a black face. And Cody, it has been too long! You had a clean face last time I saw you! I miss you! Love you both!

Cammee said...

Hahaha!! You both look like coal miners! Doesn't it feel so good to have a big job like that done? Check it off the list!

Ashley said...

Haha looks like a lot of work!

Jamie said...

I remember going to do that when we were kids. Arn't you glad to have a tough husband that can give you the country life you always dreamed of:)