Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Spirit Lake

The past week Cody and I spent our time hiking, fishing, 4-wheeling, camping, boating, and sitting around a campfire at Spirit Lake. A Halley family tradition, it was my first year, and I loved every minute of it. Cody took me to all the lakes they go to every year...it was great! In order of what we hiked too...Lost Lake, Tamarack Lake, Jessen Lake, Spirit Lake, Judy Lake, Hidden Lake, and Daggett Lake...a lot of hiking and a lot of fun memories! Each lake had their beauties and to be able to hike to them was great! We were lucky enough to get up there on Monday and spend 3 whole days with Lee/Dad all to ourselves...we had an adventure every minute we were there...it was great! Buddy and Zoey were troopers too...they hiked with us every day. Zoey proved herself...she is no longer known as the sissy dog in the family...she is just as tough as Buddy. She is our little log hopping machine. We were really suprised most of the time, it was fun to watch both of them run up and down the mountain...basically running circles around us the whole time.It is hard to say what my favorite day was, or my favorite lake. But going out on Spirit Lake was one of my favorite days, we were able to go out in the boat, that was fun watching Lee/Dad juggle fishing with two poles and trying to drive the boat at the same time. We caught a lot of fish...and I was able to eat one almost everyday! Thursday night the whole clan arrived and it was a great reunion. Cody and I hadn't seen Travis, Jamie, Brighten, and Easton for more then a year. And we hadn't seen Rusty, Josie, and Max since Christmas...so it was great to see everyone. The kids have all grown up so much and were so much fun to be with for a couple of days. It was fun to spend a couple of days hiking and fishing with everyone. Saturday was another great day hiking to a lake called Daggett...4 miles in and 4 miles out...it was a hard one...but what you saw at the end made it all worth it...poor little Zoey had it by the end of the week, she was all tuckered out and I hiked with her in my little carrier for most of the hike home. They also slept the whole 7 1/2 hours home too...didn't move a muscle. What a great trip~!!! It is now both of our favorite places to be...one of them any way!
We are already looking forward to next year! What a great family tradtion Grandpa and Grandma Halley started over 50 years ago...what a beautiful place to get out of the world and spend time with those you love!
I put together a slide show...since I took over 80 pictures...this was the most simple way to show most of them too you!

2 comments:

Tara said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time! It looks so much fun. I haven't been camping for a while. Jared says I am turning into a big baby. He thinks I am forgetting how to get dirty and rough it. I remember going with you to your family reunion! That was fun. I think if we had a fun camping trip planned I would love it! Anyway... Looks like you had a great time!!!

Jamie said...

It was so nice spending time with you guys! You two are perfect for eachother. We loved your cute dogs! Hopefully we get to see you again before Spirit Lake next year! We love you!