Thursday, September 11, 2008

SEPTEMBER 11TH





This morning I woke up to a phone call from my dear sweet husband telling me to do one thing for him this morning...he told me to make sure I went out and flew our flag because it was September 11th and today marks the 7th anniversary of the dreadful day that changed our country. He also told me that it would be a good thing to put something on the blog. So here goes...
Thinking about that day I am sure everyone of us can remember where we were and what were doing. Life changed that day for everyone. The way we looked at the world was completely different and we realized that the country that we lived in really was a beautiful place. It was almost hard to believe that there had been such an attack on our country. How grateful I am for the men and women that gave their lives that day for our country and for those in the towers. I am still grateful for the men and women of our country who still fight for our freedoms. We have so much to be grateful and have no reason not to be. The men and women who died that day and who have died since have not forgotten what they are fighting for...I hope and pray that we will not either!
My heart and prays go out to those families who lost someone on this sad day in history.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

That happend 10 days before I got married. I was so scared something would happen before I could marry Travis and I would loose him forever. I went through the temple 4 days later and it was the first time since it happend that I felt calm and peaceful and knew that I would be able to be sealed to my love before the end of the world!:) Thanks for helping me remember. It's crazy how thinking about something that happend 7 years ago makes it seem like it happend just yesterday. I thought that was the beggining of the end. I'm glad I had more time to work toward becoming the person I want to be.:)

Jen said...

Hi I am Jen P. I worked with Joye at the bank and quite when I had my baby. I got to know Joye and her family and found out that Joye and her family lived across the street from my parents before I was born. So Cody and my brothers were little neighbor friends. Joye and I meet for lunch as often as we can and I always ask how every one is doing then she told me all of you guys have blogs, so I already said hi to Jamie and Josie and wanted to say hi to Cody as well. I am so glad you guys found each other Cody is such a great guy.Tell him hi for me.

Arica said...

Michele it was actually your post about Sept 11th that made me want to post my thoughts too. So thank you for being a good example. I am so happy that Cody has such a great wife. I just wish you guys were closer so we could like go to dinner or something...since your not, I'll just keep reading your blog!!

Todd and Rachel Allen said...

Michele,

Thanks for letting me know you have a blog. It is so much fun to see what you and Cody are doing. Your lives sound so exciting - it makes me jealous. How are you doing? Do you come to Utah often? I am glad we can keep tabs on each other now.

Josie said...

Hey I hope that my room gets finished. Rusty likes to start projects but never finish them. he he. He was just saying how it would be awesome if cody could come down and rewire some of the crazy electrical job they have done. I know but we live so far away crap.