Monday, September 22, 2008

Wood Cutting - Part 2


Cody cutting some trees...this trip was too fun! I got to watch Cody almost get smashed by a tree about 3 times...not funny!


Our friend Matt Jones...doing the no look and cutting the tree...He's alot braver then me...no arms or legs were missing at the end of the day so I guess you would call him a pro!


Margaret and I hauling the cut trees...it was nice to have help!


Taking a break...waiting to see what the storm was going to do...


At the end of the day...in front of Matt's trailer...ours was full too...a lot of work! We are so tough! But hey I didn't get as dirty this time, I was really trying hard not to touch my face!


Well we finally got all our wood out of the mountains this last weekend...I am glad we don't have to do that again until next year! It's a lot of work! But I do have to say I wasn't nearly as sore as I was the first time...Cody either...the only thing this time was we got a little sun burnt on our necks, but all and all it was a good trip. Our friend Matt Jones and his daughter Margaret came with use this time. He had to get some wood for his house too, so we told him we would help him...it was fun to have some company and help too! The day started out so beautiful, but by 2 pm, a storm was rolling in and we didn't know what we were going to get. Thank heavens the worst of it didn't hit where we were, but we did get rained on a little. It felt really nice, cooled everything off for us. The weather is so weird in Colorado, one minute beautiful skies, the next not so beautiful! We made it off the mountain safely and home before dark...which was nice, because last time we didn't get home until 9 pm or so.

Well that's all the news on wood cutting...there will be updates really soon on remodeling our kitchen...Cody and I decided that was going to be our Christmas present to eachother...one reason being Cody had to rip out our side cabinet to get our new stove in, so really there are no options if we don't want to live in a ghetto house. So I am way excited! I thought I would have to wait forever to get the nasty wall paper and counter tops gone!

Windy, I hope you enjoy this new post...sorry it took me so long to get a new one on here...but now I know to update more often...we don't want any withdrawals happening!
Love ya!

2 comments:

Arica said...

You guys work way to hard out there in Colorado! I am way excited for you guys and your kitchen...how fun!

Ashley said...

Wow that's awesome you get to redo your kitchen! Fun. Joe and I were talking about how much fun we had at Thanksgiving last year, we really want come out again this year. :)