Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We LOVE Visitors...

Well this post is a little late...infact it's almost two weeks late...but I haven't wanted to update my blog. But I decided we needed to talk about something other then Zoey...I didn't realize she was on the last two posts that we did! We are those weird dog people!

So my friend Kortsen came to visit me the other weekend...it was great to see her! We hadn't seen eachother for about a year and a half...that's a long time...but I think about it and I haven't seen some of you in that amount of time too! That's what we get for moving 9 hours away from everyone!

Well we ended up having tons of fun with Kortsen...mainly me, because Cody worked most of the days. The first day she was here my cheeks hurt so bad, we were laughing and smiling about everything! The fun thing about having visitors is we get to go and see new places...we ended up doing a lot down in Colorado Springs. I think that City is so beautiful! We had beautiful weather for her...she is a "desert rat", so I am glad the weather warmed up to the 70's in the day and only the 30's at night. I also made my first layered cake for Kortsen's birthday...Steph helped me the day before and it turned out beautiful! So with lots to see and yummy cake to eat we had a blast!

Here is a list of things we did...
1. Slept in!
2. Visited The Barn, antique store...it's so fun!
3. Went to the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame...now that was awesome! My favorite thing to do by far!
4. Went to Texas Road House...YUMMY!!!
5. Made Kortsen blow out 26 candles on her cake...too fun!!!
6. Played with the Horses
7. Went to Garden of the Gods...pretty cool
8. Went to a couple old towns in the mountains...old towns are so much fun! There's a lot of them around here too!
9. Went to Canon National Park and Helen Hut Falls...really pretty!
10. Relaxed...Kortsen liked this part!
11. Movie night every night...Kortsen said it was like going to the movie theater with all our movies...it was funny!
12. Went and took pictures of the old towns...Kortsen is getting her degree in photography.

It was a fun weekend...Don't you guys think it would be so fun to come and visit us???? We welcome any guest...and we can find even more to do then this list! And if you don't want to do anything, our place is really quiet and relaxing...just come and be lazy...we like to be lazy too, especially after a hard working summer in our yard!


Cody & I at Canon National Park


Kortsen trying on her Red Hat Society hat...I don't know how they wear these things!


Trying on my Red Hat Society hat...too funny...ugly hats!!


Kortsen and her beautiful PINK cake! It was really yummy too!


Kortsen & I...gotta love these kind of pictures!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Michelle and Cody...Grandma and I are coming over to the BYU/Air Force game on Nov. 15th. We will come and see you sometime that weekend. We will be staying with Nila. See you then! Love your blog. I look at it all the time.

Jamie said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I loved the har pictures! You looked super hot! You have no idea how bad we want to come and see you guys!!!!!!!

Jamie said...

HAT pictures!

Ashley said...

I will put my testament out there...Colorado wait no Michele and Cody are the most fun people to visit!! We had such a blast year I love your peaceful and fun house. I love that whole area!!