Monday, October 6, 2008

Moving Dad & Mom

Well this past week I have been in Utah helping my Dad and Mom move out of their home. It was great to spend time with my parents and help them go through and move a ton of stuff! It's amazing how many things you accumulate when you live in a home for 15 years. I also got to spend a lot of time with my Grandpa and Grandma Garrett...I love them so much!
It wasn't the easiest week on me. For one I worked really hard. But I think the hardest thing was the fact that the house I lived in since I was 10 years old was empty and none of the familiar things were there any more. I didn't think that it would be that hard on me. But I soon realized that I loved that home, but also there are a lot of memories in it too! It is weird to think that there will be a new family living in it when I come back to Utah next time, but they sound like a cute little family and they love the home! It was really hard leaving on Saturday morning. I walked around the home and yard taking in everything, I cried...and just thinking about it makes me cry now. I have just been so sentimental lately, but I really did love growing up in that home, it was a good place to be young at! Life does bring changes no matter how old you are and that is what makes us strong! I will miss that house, but I have many more memories to make with my family! Life is GOOD and we are BLESSED!
Well I enough of the sappy stuff, I did take some pictures of the weeks adventures! I loved being there, but love being home in Colorado with my husband!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

It was so nice to see you. You are such a sweetheart. I just love you! I can't even imagine what it would be like if my parents moved!!!!!!!!! Hey brother, I love you too!

Kylee Clark said...

your right michele Alpine is a great place to live. I am sorry to hear your mom and dad are moving? where are they going?

Steph said...

Chel~ Glad you were able to go help your parents. They are lucky to have you. Does Zoey have a costume yet? I tried to feed Cody while you were gone... but to no avail... Let's get together this week!
Love you!

Eme said...

PB Minnie,
Is there something that I haven't red on your blog yet (i.e. that you're pregnant)???? Your blogs have been so sentimental lately that I've almost found MYSELF crying! Sad indeed to think that the next time I viist "Ma and Pa Phillips" that it won't be in the lovely Alpine mansion :P Guess change is the only constant in this life... Love ya!

Cammee said...

I'm with the last poster. When I read that you are overly sentimental I thought you were prego too! That's what happens to me, I can even cry at commercials.

rachel said...

I'm so glad you were out here and that we were able to spend a little bit of time together. I value your friendship so much and I will try to be better about keeping in touch. I'm just so sad we didn't take any pictures! I love you!

Mama said...

Great Pics!!! Wow, that was a hard week. In fact, it has been a hard 2 months. It is now over, and we are staying warm by the fire. Cleaning up the yard, and being with Grandma & Grandpa is great. We love it here. Thanks for all of your hard work, and thanks to Cody for letting you come to our rescue. You are "Our Angel" and we love you very very much.