Monday, March 1, 2010

What we've been up too in February...

We were able to have a wonderful trip up to Frisco, Colorado...paid for by Encore Electric...since Cody had a job to do up there...it was so great! These mountain pics are the only ones I got...but they are beautiful!!! Both of these were taken right from our Hotel...one from the front office and one from our window...so pretty!!! HOUSE PROJECTS WENT UNDERWAY AGAIN... WE HAD A GREAT VALENTINE WEEKEND... Saturday Night we went to Red Lobster with our Friends Dave & Erica Garner, then we attended a ward Valentine Party and danced the night away...we have decided we are going to take dancing lessons...So Fun! Then Sunday was just a fabulous day...Cody spoiled me wrotten...He cooked me dinner and took care of all the animals all weekend! I have the best husband ever! WE HAD A BEAUTIFUL VISITOR IN OUR GARDEN... He finished off our cabbage leaves and broccoli leaves...Yummy to his tummy!! AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...WE GOT CHICKS!!! 12 OF THEM... Our friends the Garners went in on them with us, so they could have eggs too! The three kids got to pick out their very own chicks and name them! It was fun watching how excited they got to hold them! So now the chicks are living in our kitchen area for a while, until they get big enough to kick them outside! It's fun hearing the little peeps coming out of them! Zoey wondering what they heck these things are...she is actually scared of them! Jacob holding his chick...Chicky Chicky Joseph holding his chick...Gilbert Katherine holding her chick...Herminie All three of the kids excited to have chicks!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Okay your hubby knows what it means to celebrate Valentines Day!! He is seriously the best at that! Such a romantic, it's so sweet!! He makes our hubbys look bad!! Don't tell trav:) He does good just not that good! LOL!

We love the video of the baby chicks!! Zoey was so cute looking in at them!! Now Brighten want's chicks and ducks!! I swear she was supposed to be your child because she looooooooves animals so much and I feel so bad that she has an animal hater for a mother!! What a tough life she has:)

Josie said...

Max is freaking out about the deer and chickens. He keeps saying, "there's a deer in cody's office." Kids who knows sometimes. I was just thinking how I wanted to get a rabbit or chickens for Easter I think I will go with the rabbit max might sqeeze chicks to death. Glad to see you finally blog again:) March is an exciting one for you guys and B- Days.

PapaMama said...

Love the chicks! Their peeps are so cute! Love you Friend!!!

Ashley said...

How cute! The chicks are so awesome! I want one!

PapaMama said...

So fun, the kids are so cute with their little chicks. Just love the deer in the garden too.
Love you tons!

Sharp Times said...

WOw. You do have a great hubby! I count my blessings in that department too. Also...I was thinking about the title of your blog...Life in the Country...We too live in the country perhaps not as deep in it as you two, but i love it since I haven't lived in the Country before and we are thinking we need to move "to town" which makes me increadibly sad..so in a word or some words...me- jealous!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You guys always have a lot going on :) But it looks like a lot of fun!