Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Rain Storm

Well last night we had this amazing rain storm! We actually were just putting the horses away, when all of the sudden a cloud burst of rain came down. We decided to watch it for a while, then it got crazy...hail the size of pebbles started coming down too! I haven't seen anything like this since my mission in St. Louis...I love seeing the rain come down, but the lightening I could do without! The storm continued all night...it didn't rain hard all night but off and on it would. I was expecting the ground to be really moist and soft, like Utah, but when I went out this morning to feed the horses and chickens, it barely looked wet! I tell you this place is crazy! The lower part of our property did collect a good sized puddle, my flowers just looked a little hammered, and the garden just looks bigger...all that rain gave it lots and lots of energy to grow I guess. All and all we made it through the night, the animals too. Looks like another storm is rolling in so we will see what happens tonight. Thank heavens we don't get tornado's here...that would just freak me out!

7 comments:

Windy said...

I love the blog. I will have to get the girls reading. I love big thunder storms with huge drops of rain. It is one of my favorite things about being in the south. We had a great little trip to St. Louis we thought of you lots.

Ashley said...

Hey your blog is awesome..I love the country theme and your Tim McGraw is awesome! :) Hey check out joeashley.blogspot.com and let me know what you think. Love you

Ashley said...

Good to hear from you! Yes I have an email its glitzgirl911@hotmail.com. I know its dumb I made it when I was like 10 but hey its easy for me t remember. Quick question Joe doesn't remember how to get to Ryan and Windy's blog, or what its called do you know?

Mama said...

Wow, I finally am able to make a comment. I love your blog, the pics, the music, the background. It is awesome. I can't wait to come and visit again.
Love you soooooooo much,
Mama

Jamie said...

Cody that new work uniform is so scarey!!! I'm going to have nightmares about you and the scarey guys dressed like that on ET. Is that the right movie? LOL!

Arica said...

Cody where exactly do they have you working? That is freaky. I thought that maybe you guys were having your house fumegated or something?

Steph said...

Chele~
I think you have your comments turned off on your new posts. This is the last one that comments could be left on.